Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another day, another surgery: blood infection lengthens hospital stay

Sad story: the zany Solitary Plasmacytoma that led to my T-2 vertebrae collapsing and two rods and a bunch of screws being placed in my back has led to a blood infection. I had surgery again on Tuesday to clean out the wound.
Funny story: Dr. Robert Lee, who performed the back surgery right before heading to England to visit his family, has been keeping track of my progress during his stay there. He telephoned Carol-Ann and I at the hospital Wednesday. He even had Carol-Ann poke me in the chest because he thought he saw something on an x-ray. There wasn't a problem, though.
Next story: We need to get up and walking. Once we're steady and stable, and infection free, we should be on our way home. 

1 comment:

  1. Your humour was that good that the bloody tumour had to resort to biological warfare. I'm thinking this can be seen as a positive sign you're close to winning the war.

    Although I'm simply reaching for the positive - All my doctoral skills are courtesy of WebMD.

    Keep up the solid fight my friend!

    ReplyDelete