Sunday, December 26, 2010

Waking up in VGH with the bottle half full

Happy holidays.
Sorry that the CTTWH has been like a ghost town the past few days, but me, my Solitary Plasmacytoma, my two rods and 15 screws and my ill-willed infection have been a tad busy. We had Carol-Ann's family to our VGH room on Christmas Eve for chicken dinner and then my family -- 14 in total -- came by for your classic turkey Christmas dinner and all the fixings.
Two very good parties.
I've had a couple of very good rehab sessions the last week, which has me positive about getting home sometime soon. I had a minor surgery Tuesday, to do a partial closure on my back wound. They'll complete the closure next Wednesday, and I'll move to G.F. Strong for rehab after that.
We're still having fun. One of the many pitfalls of my current "situation," is that I need to pee in a bucket. (Don't even ask about No.2.) I woke up last night, went to roll over and had trouble moving. Sure enough, there was my bucket, half full, between my legs. Yes, I had fallen asleep peeing.

2 comments:

  1. Steve - Leaving THAT bucket "half full" during nap time is another example of your positive attitude at play. Keep up with those positive thoughts, pal. You're winning.

    BEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Steve. Keep working at it. Before you know it, you'll be looking at all this in the rear view while getting on with your life. Like Ben says: You're winning.
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete