Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sick and tired and tired and sick: Radiation is kicking my butt, but I'm ready to battle

I'm struggling.
I was having an OK day prior to getting home from radiation at about 3:30 p.m. My chest tightened up then, leaving me more than a little uncomfortable. I'm back to taking as much medication as I can get away with, and I haven't been like that since I left the hospital.
To make matters worse, I twisted my right knee some time over the last couple of days. I've got bruising and it gave way on me during a trip to the bathroom. I've reverted back to the walker, from the cane, for the time being.
I'm not sure exactly what I did to the knee. I stumbled on a patch of ice walking back to the car from lunch yesterday. Or it could be from something else.
I didn't have much energy this morning, but still did my pool walking, with Carol-Ann's dad, Ron, cheering me on. Considering how much I had in the tank, I hustled pretty well for the 40 minutes.
Ron and I then met up with Ann Schmaltz, she of News 1130 fame, for lunch, and had a good time, which left me upbeat for tanning.
We've been lucky with pain through this. I know that.
I also know that I'm going to fight my way through to feeling better again. I'm ready to battle.
Humour is on hiatus for now. But it won't be for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment