Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We're putting the CD on hold -- for now

Just got back from Day 8 of radiation and the sore throat that was predicted by several people has started to kick in today. My singing tonight could be limited.
My dancing? It's still on.
I've been told to go hard on the water. We'll do that. People have talked about getting a blender and learning to make smoothies. We'll start that. (Carol-Ann and I got a blender at our wedding three years ago. There was no card on it. We have no idea who gave it to us. Try to keep that between us, K?)
My Cancer Coach, singer Bif Naked, is coming over tonight with a bunch of recipes. (That's the first of what I hope will be several shameless name drops during this blog's illustrious history.) We'll try to update that tomorrow, depending on how I feel.
I might go to the Vancouver Giants/Chilliwack Bruins' afternoon game in Chilliwack tomorrow if I feel up to it. Marc Weber, who is filling in for me on the junior hockey beat at the Province and also happens to be a good friend, says he's going and will pick me up. I don't know what it'll be like to get around the rink in Chilliwack with a cane; could be interesting.
At the very least, Carol-Ann doesn't have to worry about me for that time. We've been told time and time again how important it is for the "caregivers," to get a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment